So, Ettleson teaches us that the name Jabberwocky, the most famous element in the book, is in fact a reference the founder of Hassidic Judaism - Rabbi Israel Baal-Shem-Tov. Really! Observe:
1. Jabberwocky = jabber + wocky
2. reverse both elements: rebbaj + ykcow
3. rebbaj is, clearly, rabbi.
4. ykcow is, obviously, the Hebrew name Yaakov.
5. The Biblical Yaakov (Jacob) received the name Israel after fighting God's angel, hence Yaakov = Israel.
6. Rabbi Israel is what the contemporary disciples called the Baal-Shem-Tov.
7. QED: Jabberwocky = Rabbi Israel Baal-Shem-Tov.
Edifying, isn't it?
Sternberg snarkily added: "Regrettably, the book is out of print and I could not secure a copy for my private study."