- Our first meeting is to take place this coming Thursday, March 24th, at 19:00, at Ayelet's place in Tel-Aviv (not in Bavli). Those of you who don't know where that is, please call me (052-3593996) for directions. Those interested in rides from the Bavli or Ramat-Aviv area, please contact me ASAP too.
- I've created a LiveJournal community called il_latin to group us and serve as a venue for discussion (and cheating on your homework ;)), as well as to move the posts about the Latin group away from my personal journal. Please join that group.
Those of you who don't have LJ accounts (Vardit, dorable's friend [hey, what's your name?], Tomaso, and dad) -- it would be great if you got yourselves LJ accounts (for free). You don't have to start your own journals, but it would just give you a username of your own and save you the trouble of having to remember to leave your name on every otherwise-anonymous comment. The procedure is simple, and you can leave out any field you don't want to fill or don't understand. Create an account here.
- If you already have your own copy of Wheelock's Latin, please bring it to the meeting. If you're part of the group purchase -- I hope the books make it on time, in which case I'll be bringing your copies; if they don't, I'll furnish you with photocopies of the first chapter so you can begin working. If you don't have a copy and are not part of the group purchase, please buy your own copy (available at Dyonon, Academon, and other academic bookstores) and bring it to the meeting.
- Also bring: a notebook or some paper and a writing instrument. Feel free to bring some light refreshment with you as well.
- Remember, I'll be posting subsequent messages about the Latin group to il_latin. Join now!
Latin Course -- First Meeting
Exactly 38 years ago, Khomeini returned to Iran from his exile in France, and set in motion the Islamic Revolution of Iran. A little over a year…
Speaking of immigrants, Sir Ian McKellen would like to offer this passage, from the Elizabethan play Sir Thomas More: GEORGE. Marry, the removing…
I've been pretty indifferent to most of the recent social-network sites, but I'm really enjoying goodreads.com. I'm a pretty busy reader, with a…