- Develop a content- and task-management system for Project Ben-Yehuda (aka BYBE). gaal, arnulf, and nimster_lj have all volunteered to help with this. Together, we should be able to pull something together by September, I think.
- Reach an "empty queue" status in my editorial and managerial roles in the BY project. This means lots of correspondence, lots of editing and publishing work, some PR and contact with external organizations, etc. It also presents the dilemma of balancing this "actual" work with the "meta-work" of BYBE, which work in turn should save/shorten a lot of that actual work once completed...
- Reading: the Bible (cover-to-cover); four novels for a course I'm taking next year; Plutarch's Lives; Thucydides; plus whatever else fits (e.g. Ulysses), and I hope a lot would.
- Social: keeping up our Bible reading group; keeping up our "Prosody" (heh) seminar; reviving the Homer reading group; prodding gaal about that Drama reading group; road trips
- Driving down to the Red Sea Jazz Festival in Eilat (late August) -- with my regular jazz accomplice hattie and hopefully others.
- Taking an intensive German course in the Goethe Institute.
- Putting in some time into learning to play the piano, at long last.
- Taking care of myself.
- Occasional Greek practice, so as not to realize in October that I lost all of it.
Plans for the Summer: Part One
Exactly 38 years ago, Khomeini returned to Iran from his exile in France, and set in motion the Islamic Revolution of Iran. A little over a year…
Speaking of immigrants, Sir Ian McKellen would like to offer this passage, from the Elizabethan play Sir Thomas More: GEORGE. Marry, the removing…
I've been pretty indifferent to most of the recent social-network sites, but I'm really enjoying goodreads.com. I'm a pretty busy reader, with a…